Should you just throw out that old monitor from that desktop you used 10 years ago? What about the phone you upgraded from or your old laptop? No! That is hazardous waste and it can be recycled. And best of all…it’s so easy thanks to Best Buy.
Best Buy now recycles just about any electronics, including TVs, DVD players, computer monitors, audio and video cables, cell phones, and more.
For a complete list of what can be dropped off at any Best Buy for recycling, click here.
Program details for Louisiana:
What They Take
- Three items per household per day.
- Nearly everything electronic, including tube TVs and monitors up to 32″, flat-panel TVs and monitors up to 60″, peripherals, DVD players, home and car audio, cell phones, MP3 players, and cables.
- Desktop or laptop computers.
- Small electrics, fans and vacuums.
What They Don’t Take
- Console TVs of any size, or tube TVs and monitors larger than 32″. Use their haul-away or pickup programs for these items.
- Electronics containing refrigerants, such as mini refrigerators or air conditioners. Please contact your local waste disposal department.
- Appliances. Use their haul-away or pickup programs for refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, washers and dryers, ranges and microwaves.
- Disassembled TVs and Monitors